You will notice quite a few to-do's related to food because we Hyderabadis love food. Well atleast the biryani and the kebabs. :D
1. Enjoy the Biryani, The kebabs. Place to be: Paradise restaurant.
2. You like monuments? Visit Charminar, The golconda fort, Qutub shahi tombs, Chowmahala palace. We have more too.
3. Like shopping the traditional Hyderabadi stuff? Visit Madina near charminar, Laad baazar, Genral Bazar.
4. Take an auto rickshaw ride make sure to pick a nice jing bang looking auto rickshaw. You would be unlucky if you find an auto rtickshaw driver who drives slow and follow traffic rules (These are very rare types though). Personally you will enjoy the auto ride only if the auto driver is the oppopite types. Belive me you will enjoy!
5. Eat butter dosas at Govind bandi, Charminar
6. Missing the beach in your city? We have an alternative err yes kind of visit Neclace road.
7. Have dinner at the Taj Falaknuma. You can get the taste of the nawabi royality there.
8. Visit Salar jung musem for some Deccani paintings, Vijaynagara paintings and some Nizam jewellery.
9. Try haleem at Pista house.
10. Cheap books? Koti is the place you need to be.
11. Tea lover? You must have irani chai with some osmania biscuits.
12. Now that you have tried all the native hyderabadi food. If you are looking for some nice and plush joints to eat and hangout. Coco's, N-Grill, Rayalaseema ruchulu (for some telugu food, beware its spicy :D ),
13. Temples? We have the famous Chilukur balaji temple , The Birla temple to name a couple of them.
14. Walk by the Neclace road during the sunset.
15. Want to meet white collared people? Hitech city is the place.
16. Coffee? Try Beyond coffee at Jubilee hills. I personally like their 'Mary Cassat mix'
17. Dont miss the ice cream at Mashoor ice cream.
18. Handicrafts? Lepakshi in Abids and Shilparamam in Madhapur.
19. Try learning the Hyderabadi Hindi. Watching movies such as Hyderabadi Nawabs or The angrez would be a better option to learn or experience it. ;)
20. Go boating we have quite a few lakes in and around.
21. Finally we also have quite a few Pubs, Discos like every other metro, but when you are in Hyderabad try experiencing what only we have.
The people here are awesome just beware of few cranky people. If you have finished all of these and still have time? Call me i love talking about Hyderabad and can help you with more places to visit, there are a lot more.